Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankfully I'm learning to hold my tongue

I am not really sure if I should be offended or not.... This morning I met with some other moms from Rylan's school. We were there to talk about school functions put on by the parents. We were all talking about getting together again for a day of crafts to get ready for these events. Someone offered their house as a craft spot (she basically lives next door to school) but directly after the offer she said that we would all have to ignore her messy house. I know that some people say that when it is really very clean. Some people say that and mean it you just have to wait and see. Another mom immediately started in on how messy her house was too and how she wouldn't judge. I had already been to this said craft house and it is neither messy or shining without a spec of dust. I don't care what peoples houses look like, I don't judge you because you live in your house however you want it, as do I. Where I got offended is
 when the other mom (who claims her house is also messy not the craft house mom) started talking about how she gets offended when people have a very tidy house and everything is super clean because people with kids should play with their kids and probably don't if their house is clean. Well people I am that lady. My house is ALWAYS clean, shining even! My son knows how to clean his own room and my husband knows how to make beds and clean toilets too. I take care of almost everything else ( I do get a lot of help from my husband, do not get this twisted in your mind because he enjoys a clean house as much as I do) now with that being said I feel like my son gets sooo much attention and he also gets played with all the time. I have a puzzle and story with him every night AT LEAST! There are plenty of nights when we have games, movies, board games, or just pretend together. So it really took everything I had to not say "maybe you are just lazy and don't want to admit it to yourself" "maybe you should clean your house when your kids are sleeping or at school like I do instead of watching TV and becoming a fat ass" I wanted to say so much in that moment, I wish I could have seen my own face because I know it was screaming "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" I do not have a very good poker face at all! I was sitting there the rest of the time we were all together thinking about going home and moving the couches before Rylan got home to get the dust from under them. I mean really people are you thinking that parents with really clean houses are not playing with their kids? I like to take Rylan outside a lot so that we don't mess up the inside of the house, he loves it I love it, and guess what we are playing together. Can you believe that? Yep at a park we play and my house stays clean. WOW............. For those of you who are the other ladies, if this is you with or without kids.... don't judge me because I want to walk around in my house barefoot and not feel dirt under my feet. Or I don't want to look at my TV and see dust under it... You want a messy house, that is your choice I don't judge you.... I am just glad my house is clean and my family is happy. Plus if my son drops food on the floor and asks if it is ok to pick it up and eat it, it is because I clean my floors that often!! Just sayin'

No comments: