Friday, November 4, 2011

I shopped at CVS for soooo little!!!

Yesterday I stopped after school at CVS for a box of cereal and I needed a large box of cheerios for a craft at school that I said I would be responsible for. Last week I think I forgot to post that I went into Walgreen's for razors, for those of you who do not frequent pharmacies you should consider it and let me tell you why. At the front of the store there is a "special coupon machine" where you scan your reward card and coupons print out for your shopping! I have scored some free deodorant and conditioner from this machine. They were on sale or clearance and the coupon would have said something like "2.00 off hair care product" or something like that well find one on clearance for 1.00 and BOOM you pay taxes on 2 shampoo or conditioner etc.
Well during my last week the coupon machine spits one out that says "Go to pharmacist and ask for a medicare brochure and receive a free 5.00 gift card" I was thinking is this for real? Well you already know I marched my hinnie back to the pharmacist counter! I got back there and she had no idea what the coupon meant and did not have such a brochure but told me to ask the manager at the front, who said yeah we will just honor this because we don't have those brochures... OOOOKKKK? We walked to the register and she took my coupon and rung up a gift card and handed it to me with a "have a great day!"  I was sooo excited! Well I went into the CVS with my cereal coupons in hand and scanned the machine and got no good coupons that I needed or could produce any freebies with. So I checked the clearance section before checking the cereal. They had newborn diapers, and TRANSFORMERS I had Rylan with me so I told him that we couldn't get any probably but stuck them at the top of the cart hoping I could sneak through check out without him noticing. None of this stuff had prices on it but there was a giant sign that said 75% off which is my kind of talk! I also grabbed some travel light brights (I loved this game when I was a kid my ousin had one I didn't...I was sooo deprived lol) Next we went to the cereal and picked up two boxes of cheerios for 2/5.00 and I had a 1.00/2 coupon so that made them 2.00/box which is not bad... I knew I had the 5.00 gift card from last week so I was excited to see what all the other prices would be. I got to the register and the light brites all rang up for .79c! I told the lady RING um UP! with a huge smile and next she tried the transformers with no luck they were not in the system so she suggested she ring them up for the same price as the light brites (knowing that these are at least 4.99 each when paying full retail I was so excited I told her to put them in a bag too! Then on to the diapers they were regularly like 9.00 or something like that so she told me they would be 2.25 each! (I have a funny story about the diapers I will share when I finish this one.) I had a transformer coloring book that was half off (it was in the book section) for 1.50 I wanted to find one of these for his party so any kids that don't want to jump in the bouncy house can color instead (I'm sure we won't have any of those lol) so my total was 15.03 before taxes and I had the 5.00 gift card so I handed that over and so my total was 10.03 before taxes! (I also got 1.00 "extra bucks" or CVS money for my next trip)

Now on to the diaper story I hope you get a good laugh like this once in a while! We pulled up at the house and I had to get my purse, Rylans school bag, and all the bags from the store so I asked Rylan to grab the diapers since they were not in a bag and he said Oh yes mom I would love to help you (He makes my heart smile he is so proper at times I promise he said it just like that) anyway Rhett saw that we had a ton of stuff so he walked out to help and Rylan greeted him half way and said here dad and passed the diapers off. Rhett said "what is this?" Rylan said "Its diapers! " Rhett said "I know that but for what" Rylan said "for the baby..." Rhett asked "what baby?" Rylan said "the baby we are going to have!".......!!!!!!! I almost fell on the ground laughing! I had to stop and cross my legs to keep from peeing my pants!!! lol I was laughing so hard because the look on Rhetts face was priceless! I am so NOT pregnant nor are we trying or thinking of trying lol Rylan just walked inside after his last statement leaving Rhett and I alone outside and Rhett said I can't wait until that dude is in high school I am sooo paying him back (he said that with diapers in his arms keep in mind) lol

No comments: