Monday, November 7, 2011

I just got paid to shop :)

 Ok so one of my favorite places to shop for all things "kids". If you have ever heard of Platos closet this is very much like it only for children not teens/young adults. This place is a resale shop that pays on the spot for the items you don't want anymore. They buy clothes, toys, baby items (big and small) books the list goes on and on..Today I brought in a box of clothes that do not fit Rylan any more and it was sooo full I washed everything that had tiny stains last night to try and get them out as this place only buys stuff that is in good condition that is not too used and has no stains or holes etc. I fold them all neatly and separate them by size and season so 2T short sleeve and shorts go together, and 3T long sleeves all go together and shoes together, you get the pic. They offered to buy 29 items and wanted to pay 39.05 for them! I was so excited! I was like YES that is great. Keep in mind I usually get all of his clothes under 5.00 an item so to be paid 1.34 per item I was stoked! I usually get so many items for him for almost free too by shopping at the end of the season. While they looked over his clothes that they wanted to buy I shopped. Since they only buy clothes in good condition I love this place, I can get name brand clothes for better than Wal-mart prices! I needed new jeans for him in size 4T and I needed a few more long sleeve t-shirt style shirts also in 4T (he could use a few more jammies too but I do not recommend getting them here as these usually do not look new even if they have been well taken care of because they are worn so often usually) I got a pair of Levi jeans (5.50) and a pair of OshKosh jeans (8.50 I usually don't pay that much for his clothes but he really needs jeans and I was basically trading and not paying), a pair of sweats from Old Navy (4.50) , a red and white button down shirt from Gap (4.50) I'm thinking this will be cute for pics with Santa, two t-shirts from Gap (3.50 each), one polo t-shirt (3.50), a hoodie style shirt from Gap (5.50 Rylan loves shirts with a hood for some reason). So they put in my sell items and rang up the items I chose and she said "We owe you a nickle." Part of me wanted to go back into the store and pick another item but I just took the money and ran! I will try all of the items on Rylan tonight because I only have 7 days to return if something doesn't work. I really would have liked to get more long sleeve t-shirts but this store is totally hit or miss sometimes they have exactly what you are looking for and sometimes they don't it just depends on what is being sold to them in the last few weeks. I don't think I have ever gone in and left with nothing though. I mentioned that I don't recommend buying jammies there and another thing I don't really recommend that they do sell and have bought a lot from me is shoes. They sometimes have nice shoes, I have gotten a few dress shoes from there because they looked new and were hardly worn. If you are looking for a pair of play shoes though you can get a pair there that are usually 5-10 for Nike shocks even. Kids are just so hard on shoes it is hard for me to buy them there I would rather just pay more and get new ones. Once upon a Child is a chain (OUAC for short as my BFF Janette and I call it via text lol) so look up their site and see where the closest one to you is, if it is the one by me then call me and we will go to lunch :)

No comments: