Thursday, November 10, 2011

I hope these two grocery trips last me into the new year

I shopped yesterday and today to restock my pantry and fridge/freezer. When I tell you our house was empty.... We had a pack of bacon in the freezer : /  I needed pasta, sides such as rice or macaroni, pasta sides, lunch soups, cooking soups like cream of chicken and mushroom. We had no meat left so I had to stock up on that and I also needed to get enough lunch meat for finger sandwiches and a few other snack/finger food items and drinks for everyone I also snagged some items for goodie bags for the party. You can imagine my face when I saw the first total was 140.00 ( I knew it was going to be a lot I haven't been to the grocery in a month) that was my total at Walmart I will give you the run down of some of the items I purchased for that price.
 I got 4 bottles of hair spray color (from the Halloween clearance to make the birthday party a little more fun) I also grabbed a pair of "bubba teeth" and a ninja set that was a backpack and two swords and two short weapons for Rylan from the clearance section. I got 8 2 liters, 1 case of water, 8 cases of kool aid juice boxes (80 total I actually grabbed those while at sams with a friend I needed more for lunch and to have some for the party I added that in with this total. I got 3 bottles of fabric softener since I was out, and 2 bottles of laundry soap since it was only 1.99. I got 18 rolls of toilet paper, 2 bags of chips, 2 boxes of wipes, 1 pack of cups, flatware, and 2 boxes of storage bags store brand was cheaper than Ziploc this time. I got 3 moon sands for kiddos who have a birthday, if your child gets one, you are welcome :) (my old roomies JJ and Shelly got this for Rylan once as payback for when I bought their kids crazy gifts and it is super messy esp. if you have carpet) I got a transformer flashlight and ring for Santa to bring (it was a clearance Halloween costume part but it is totally in just transformer paper doesn't even look like Halloween!) I got 2 frostings for the cake, 3 boxes of cereal, 6 packs of pop rocks, 16ish cans of beans and tomatoes and soups for lunch, 2 bottles of white sauce 1 bottle of red sauce (pasta sauces I mean) a bunch of tuna, a bag of goldfish, a bag of coffee, a funnel for jarring, 2 first aid kits, 4 packs of kool aid, a jar of onion powder, 4 bags of soup mix (all you have to do is add water I love these!) 3 packs of ramen noodles (these are pretty good crushed up on top of an Asian salad made at home), a bag of french fried onions, over 15 bags of rice and potatoes for side dishes. I got a lot of stuff! I also got a jar of pickles you can't forget the pickles! I am a pickle snob too I could have gotten the store brand for 5-10c cheaper but I was willing to pay more :) I was still shocked at the ticket.

Today I knew I would be spending close to 60.00 I didn't leave that easy though lol I almost doubled that (it wasn't really a budget or a goal just what I imagined I would be spending) My total at Winn Dixie today was 107.00 I did save 97.00 there though because before coupons and discounts I would have paid over 200.00! I got 8 pounds of boneless skinless chicken, 8 pounds of boneless pork chops, 2 pounds of stew beef, 1 13 pound turkey (I'm not having thanksgiving at my house but this is the time of year to buy such things! It was only .75/pound! I got 8 packages of lunch meat (I will way not need that many for the party but I put some in the freezer for later because I got some for only 1.50 a pack of the land of frost! (Rhett loves that kind) I got 4 pounds of bone in preseasoned chicken 2lbs were legs and 2lbs were breast with bones I think, 4 pounds of beef that is great for steak sandwiches (I think it is called braising beef but I could be fibbing because I am drawing a blank) I got a bag of grated cheese, 2 8pk of yogurt for Rylan (it comes with tongue tattoos I know he will be super excited about that!) 2 1/2 dz eggs, 5 4pk of AA batteries (these are 10/10 this week and I had coupons that were so old for 1.00 off and 1.00 off 2 so I got one free and 4 for .50 each, that is a great price for batteries especially when Santa and other family members like to give gifts that need them) I got 2 covergirl blush for free also they were on clearance for .99 and I had 1.00 coupons! I got 2 bottles of children's vitamins (the gummie character ones he loves were BOGO and I had 1 coupon for 2 off and one for 1 off so I got both bottles for only 3.00) I got a head of lettuce, a bell pepper, a 3lb bag of apples, 2 boxes of pasta (they were also BOGO for 1.50 and I had one coupon for .75 off so I got both for .75... not bad and I will use it for sure) I am thinking that is it but I got a lot here also! After separating all the meat into freezer bags each one the perfect size for dinner and at least one lunch the next day so I might put 5 chicken breasts or 7 thin pork chops which usually both equal a pound or just over in one bag that way we can each eat one or two depending how hungery we are and there is one left over. I counted all the meat and I have enought packaged meat (not including the turkey) for 15 nights I think (if I remember correctly) now in between there we will have left over nights where we maybe ate salads or soups for lunch, and all of the soups that I got so I think we will be good for quite some time (not to mention that we will be eating at everyone elses houses for the holidays lol) Tonight we had chicken noodle soup (from a package I was feeling lazy.....) I feel like I got more and I just can not remember I didn't have time to take out everything and take pics this week sorry about that.....

No comments: