Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rylans 4th birthday party!!!

This last weekend we had Rylans birthday party. If you keep uP with this blog you would know I have been shopping around for a while and it really paid off. I called around and found the cheapest bouncy house for 100.00 they were great (1st jump rentals was the name I think) I would recommend them to anyone! They were on time clean and the employee was soooooo polite. They set up and took down so I had no wOrk to do with that. I wanted a fancy looking cake with my cheap budget, so I made one. I bought a small 1pm box of fondants (6.00) and two colors (about 1.50 each) to color the fondants. I already had black so I only needed red and blue. I two boxes of cake mix (with coupons of course) and two icings (again using coupons) so I spent around 12.00 and all the private school moms (who would probably be willing to spend 50-100 on a cake where I don't want to) were going CRAZY over it. It made me feel so good that they all were talking about how they could not believe it was home made. I will have to make a blog the next time I make a cake. I will have to post pics later when I'm by my laptop. We made a fruit tray and a veggie tray as it was cheaper than buying them already assembled and they looked great on my platters too I must add. My wonderful mother in law made all of that for me as I was running around trying to finish last minute stuff. She also made 3 loaves of bread worth of finger sandwiches which were all gone by the end of the day. We have been stock piling wine from a local grocery that has a huge selection and so I was able to open and serve around 6 bottles of wine for around 12-15.00! This store often gets new inventory so they put items on clearance that aren't moving as quickly. So bottles that retail for 12-15 each were marked from 2-5.99 so I grab one every week or two! There were so many people and kids I let everyone help themselves and it seemed as if everyone had a great time. I think I want to open a party planning business!!

No comments: