Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rylan is having his first sleep over!!!

Madeleine and Luke are spending the night for the first time! Their mommy and daddy are having a date night and Rylan wanted them to spend the night anyway so it was perfect! We started off with a ride on the Polaris (I don't know how to spell it but for those of you who do not know what it is, it is a super fast golf cart slash, yes I just spelled slash, four wheeler slash fun work vehicle.) It is built for 2 adults basically I think but some how we shoved 2 adults and 3 munchkins all on it and even though we were going pretty slow I was yelling like we were speeding out of control because it was getting the kids so excited. When we started driving toward something I would freak out and say oh no we are going to hit the ______!!!!! Then Rhett would turn of course! They were all laughing and having such a great time. Then we came home and
 had some coloring and dress up, they were knights and dragons and cowboys and batman and spiderman and whatever else they could imagine that they were. They played legos and under Rylans bed is a secret passage type thing that they all crawled under with flash lights, I asked what they would like for dinner and they all said sandwiches (well Rylan said that and they other two just followed with "yeah I want a sandwich" lol) So since I love to use cookie cutters I let them all come and pick out what kind of sandwich they would like and Madeleine and Rylan said they like spooky stuff so they wanted ghosts. Luke said that he wanted the alligator, we don't have an alligator the one he picked out is actually a witch face with a hat on if you can imagine that so I just said ok alligator for you and went with it, whatever he said was fine with me. That was a great plan until Rylan saw his sandwich and asked what it was and said we don't have an alligator that's a... I stopped him and said you know what tonight that is an alligator lol. When dinner plates were all ready I called them to the table by saying "all kids who want a special surprise come to the table with no toys" they all ran to the table and found a seat empty handed. I had tongue tattoos waiting (they came with the yogurt I bought Rylan lol they all thought that was the coolest thing) I brought a mirror to the table so they could instantly see what it looked like and I wouldn't have to round them up again. They all took about one bite and said they were done I think they were very anxious to get back and play some more, I told them that anyone who didn't eat all their dinner wouldn't get the special surprise. They all ate and each got a scoop of ice cream. They had yogurt and milk with their special sandwiches, Rylan and Madeleine had "turkey" (that is what they asked for but we only had chicken so I just didn't tell them any different) and Luke had grilled cheese. While they went and played for a bit after dinner I started to get everything ready for MOVIE NIGHT they were all so excited to see what I had planned I already told the other kids about our blue popcorn because they have never tried it and they were so excited to see and taste it. I always put some hard candies at the bottom of the bowl (Rylan has come to expect it now digging to the bottom of the bowl in the beginning just to make sure it is there) I usually do a fun size bag of mms or skittles those are always a fun perfect treat for the bottom but tonight the only thing I had 3 of was candy corn and they were all still excited about it. I pulled all the pillows and cushions from the living room into Rylans room and all the pillows and blankets from the closets for a mostly padded room... they were stoked! Popped and a movie and they didn't really watch 75% of it because they were too worried about coming to tell me who was saying potty words (poop or pee or butt, things you might say if you were going potty, not swear words) and once Luke ran through the house paused before he got to the living room then he ran back into the bedroom and I heard him say "She said pop you in the head" lol so I got up and ran in there bc I knew someone would be crying in a sec. sure enough I got in there and his sister had tears in her eyes and a hand on her head with a look on her face of why did you tell him to do that to me. I said I did not tell him to do that I comforted her and got them all situated again for more movie... She bit her own finger a few seconds later while eating popcorn lol they were all so tired. I finally went and sat in on the movie night to help keep them all still. I brought a hair brush with me since I never get to brush a little girls hair I thought it would be fun and it WAS she even let me braid it :) She fell asleep with her head in my lap and I haven't ever seen Rylan so jealous I don't think in my whole life... he was saying stuff like you never brush MY hair lol I let him lay his head in my lap too. This was all of their first time to sleep over somewhere where the person was not related. I told the mom before she dropped off that if they wanted to stay and she wanted to come get them that my feelings would not be hurt lol I know that the first time Rylan wants to spend the night out I will want to come get him before I go to bed lol. Madeleine came during the movie and told me she wanted her mom to come get her so I told her mom, who was here about 2 hours later. They were not upset and kids were still very happy I just told her that they did miss her and she should not be worried bc they were still having a good time I didn't want her date night to be cut short but I would want to know as soon as Rylan said he wanted me to come get him and not have someone wait until they thought my date was over. I told her not to rush here because I assured Madeleine that her mommy was coming and that I promised that they were not going to spend all night here. All around it was a perfect party for Rylan and the other kiddos too I think, just the right amount of time and everyone left happy too. I can honestly say that I think the last time I had a child in my possision that was not Rylan was two years ago when I watched Hailey who is my bffs daughter, I mean I have been with kids but not alone with them and fully responsible for them. It was a lot of fun for me :)

No comments: