Friday, September 23, 2011

Want to know how to save over 75% off retail?

Ok so this morning after dropping Rylan off at school I went to JCPenny but they don't open until 10:00 so I walked over to target to look around. Well there is a bedding set I have had my eyes on for Rylan well today was my lucky day it was on clearance for 17.48 instead of 69.00!! It went straight into my cart :) it is a 7 piece set, sheets and pillow cases, reversable comforter, and pillow sham. Then I strolled over to the ladies clearance rack and picked up a dressy casual pair of shorts for me under 5.00! I decided to go over to the toothpaste aisle because I knew there was a deal over there. So I was able to get two toothbrushes and two toothpastes for free using their deal and my coupons. Since I knew Rhett was out of his favorite tea I picked that up too (no coupon!! I held my breath and closed my eyes as it was put into the buggy and again when my cashier rang it up lol) So that was not too bad to get all of that and be under 25.00! Now that JCPenny was open I could make my way there since that is where I originally wanted to go. I was pumped because I knew this was gonna be a great stop. I had a coupon for 10.00 off of a 10.00 purchase! All I had to do was find something that was 10.00 before taxes and it would be free! I went straight to all my favorite clearance sections. Jewelry first, there was nothing good worth spending free money on today lol so on to the purses where I found a very cute beach/summer raffia type material St.Johns Bay purse for 6.97 originally 45.00! Then to shoes, all the summer flippy floppys and sandals are on clearance for 2.97 I am so excited at this point I can hardly control myself lol. I find the perfect pair originally (22.00 now 2.97) that are gonna be so cute with a white top next summer. I calculate my total before taxes and I still need .06 to be able to use my coupon so I go to the children's clearance and look for something for Rylan. I find a pair of shorts that are cute thick fabric plaid for next summer for 1.97 originally 17.99 and I head to the front. After the coupon and taxes I paid 2.08 for a purse, pair of sandals and a pair of shorts! So today my total retail value was 100.87 and I paid 23.84!!!

So the answer to how do you save over 75% off of a retail purchase is to always shop clearance and also use coupons!

No comments: