Sunday, September 25, 2011

To my coupon friends

Today is the day ladies! If you haven't already gone out to get your Sunday paper here are a few things I suggest to do. First always check your paper before you leave the store to make sure your coupons are in there. This week there should be two books. One will be a Smart Source and the other will be a Red Plum. Sometimes the paper is missing the books and you don't want to pay for a paper without coupons! The other thing I suggest is that you buy two papers. I buy in multiples of two because if stores you shop at (Winn Dixie for example) have buy one get one free sales on a lot of their products then you can use two coupons. So lets say there is bread on sale for buy one get one free and the price of the bread is 2.00 well if you have two coupons for .50 off of bread then you will get two loaves of bread for 1.00! What I do is come home and tear all the pages apart and stack them together by the page so all like items are together. Then when I cut out my coupons they are all together and I can cut them out two times faster. Once I get my coupons all cut out I separate them into a few piles to make them easier to put into my binder. I quickly go through and do a three section sort front of my binder in one pile for example all the pharmacy items then I make a pile of middle of the binder I put all the cleaners or dry goods in this pile the last is for food, this way I am not turning the pages like crazy trying to put them all away. I also suggest trying to get this all done on Sunday or  by Monday night because if you wait too long you may not do it because you will get all backed up!
Once you have been couponing for a while you may want to organize your binder even further as I have. For example I have two pages under "pets" one page for cats and one page for dogs. In the medicine section I have a page for pain relief and a page for eye care products etc.  You will see what you need as you go on and get more coupons.

Now turn on your favorite show or movie and start clipping! You could also cut some up while sipping on a bloody mary or mimosa as I hope to while watching a little Sunday Football!

No comments: