Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm on a roll!

I just saved myself another 10.00! A few years ago when Rylan was getting big enough to actually need a full hair cut not just a trim from mom with the scissors (when he was born up until just after one his hair only grew on top so I just trimmed it up) I started taking him to barber shops and after 3 or 4 times of walking out thinking well that was a waste of 8.00 (plus tip even though I left unhappy) I thought you know what I am going to buy a set of clippers. I went to Wal-mart that day and bought what I think was the least expensive full set of clippers (around 20.00) my thoughts that day were that if I cut his hair (and was happy with it lol) two times then I would have made my money on the set. So I went home and took out the clippers and made my first attempt at a "fade" type haircut for a boy. I didn't want it to look like I just shaved his head to save money I wanted it to look as professional as possible. I was immediately impressed with myself. Here we are two years later saving 10.00 every time I cut his hair myself. I have to admit his hair is very curly and coarse so any imperfections are hard to see, not to mention when it is cut short it is nearly impossible to see because it is blonde. After I felt like I knew what I was doing I started cutting it shorter because I discovered that the shorter I went the longer we could go between cuts.

Here we are on our way to see one of my BFFs Shelly

Now I grab the clippers and ask Rylan to go outside. We sit on the steps (he sits only one step lower than me) and I get to cutting! When we are done he strips down and knows to take his clothes to the washer and he goes straight to the tub for some serious play time. I sweep and clean up the clippers and its over no hair to clean out of the house or anything messy at all we don't even use a drape of any kind.

Here is one of my first haircut attempts :)

 Here is another small tip on how you can save yourself a little change each month. I think every time I cut his hair I will start to "pay" myself and put that ten dollars away for either something nice for myself or a trip or well I'm not sure yet but I am going to start doing something with that ten dollars anyway lol



No comments: