Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Grocery trip total

After grabbing some items for groceries this week I wanted to share my totals. Before coupons and reward card discounts at Winn-Dixie my total was 141.67. After all my coupons and discounts I paid 77.11 so 64.56 in savings and I also received .20 per gallon on my fuel perks and $5.00 off my next $55.00 coupon for next week. Here is what I was able to buy for 77.11, 2 1/2 dozen eggs, two loaves of bread, a gallon of milk, three packages of lunch meat, two packages of toaster pastries, one package of carrots, two packs of tea drink mix for the hubby, one pack of shredded cheese, 8 pack of paper towels, two packs of instant coffee, two bottles of gain detergent, two boxes of cereal, one Gatorade, one bottle of red wine vinegar, one pack of dole apple crisp snacks, 5 lbs sugar, package of butter, 6 cans of soup, two packs of twice baked potatoes, country pork ribs, 2 pounds boneless pork chops, 4 pounds preseasoned chicken quarters, preseasoned boneless pork shoulder, and one Lloyd's BBQ pulled chicken. That will make meals for probably two weeks with a few sides and frozen veggies that I already have around the house. I also will have to go back for milk between but I basically can feed my family for lets say a week only for 77.11, that's 7 days 3 meals for 3 people. 1.22 per person per meal. That is not bad if I do say so myself! (Like I said I think I would be able to make all this meat last AT LEAST two weeks!) I bought 39 items so that is an average of 1.98 per item..... What kind of deals can you find? The best deals for me this week were, 1. I had two coupons for 1.00/coffee it was only 1.39 so I got two packs of instant coffee for .39 each, 2. I had a coupon for 2.00 off a Hormel always tender meat and they had the pork shoulder marked for quick sale from 9.99 to 5.99 so I got a huge dinner meat for 3.99, 3. I found bottles of Gain detergent on clearance for 3.75 down from 7.49 I had a coupon for 1.00 off any gain so I got two bottles of detergent for 2.75 each. Look around for the best sales where you are shopping, I didn't need detergent I already have 4 or 5 bottles right now but for that price I went ahead and grabbed two I actually left another coupon I had for the next lucky shopper :) I can't believe I used to pay 7-10 dollars a bottle for detergent I never pay more than 3.00 now!

No comments: