Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pay it forward people

Good evening and GOOOO Tigers to ya! Well we had a crazy fun day today. First we headed to the D-day museum and that didn't cost us a thing. I learned a few really cool things too from back in the early 1930's and 1940's about how food and fuel was rationed to families during the war. Can you imagine going to the grocery store with stamps in hand and that is all the groceries you were able to buy no matter how much money you had? Then each family was only allowed 3 gallons of gas a week! Of course back then families all lived close to each other and they walked most places but can you imagine only being able to get 3 gallons of gas a week!! After the museum we went to the aquarium I was so excited I think more than Rylan even lol! My sweet hubby snuck off and paid for Rylan and I to be able to feed the stingrays at the next show! Made our day for sure!! In the future I will post all these free fun outings so you can plan ahead and have fun for free or cheap too!! We had our certificate in hand for the House of Blues so we ate there before heading back! It was a great day all around.

Just an idea. Today when we pulled up to the D-day museum there was a lady standing in the parking lot looking at us. ( I looked at Rhett as I said I don't know what that lady's problem is but I wish she would stop looking at us...) We parked and all got out and she walked over to us and said "Hi I paid for this parking ticket (you have to pay a machine after parking) and I realized I am not in the right lot." We looked over the ticket and sure enough it was paid just minutes earlier and was a valid 10.00 parking ticket. Since we were going to pay with a card at the machine I looked in my purse and found 5.00 to give her for the ticket (she offered it to us for free because it was already paid for and you can't get your money back and she didn't want it to go to waste) We all walked away happy then Rhett and I laughed because I was being hateful and she was being nice (about her staring at us lol). We visited the museum then at the aquarium since tickets are BOGO for us and we had to buy a child's ticket I asked Rhett to buy two children's tickets. We got the free one and gave it to a family behind us to cover the cost of one of their children. They were thrilled. What the message here folks is to pay it back. If someone opens a door for you when your arms are full then do something nice for the next person. If you are lucky in the way of money as we were today, the next time you are at Starbucks ask how much the persons coffee is behind you in line, less than what you saved earlier? Pay for their coffee ask the person at the window to just ask them to pass it on. Just do something nice for someone around you! Also while we were in line at the D-day museum there was a family of 5 behind us and the guy in front of us turned around and asked if we had a free admission ticket because he had one (it paid for 2) I said we did and he said oh well I am here alone because my friend couldn't come so I was gonna see if I could save you a costly admission cost. Then the girl in front of him said yeah I'm alone too and I have a free ticket too. Well they both teamed together and gave their free admission to one of the people in the family behind us. How nice strangers saving each other money! I hope that family passes it on!

No comments: