Friday, December 30, 2011

Turkey Pot Pie

Last night was my very first attempt at making a pot pie. I used left over turkey and it came out pretty good. I would make a few changes though. First I forgot to get roll out dough (BC no way was I going to make my own lol) so I used 4 frozen in pan pie shells, two I had to peel away to use for the tops so they weren't very pretty lol. I also was in such a rush I forgot to add the frozen peas I bought (The recipe didn't call for any but I wanted some in there) I am not sure what I would do to change this recipe but it was a little dry, I loved that it cut easily without all the juicy everything falling out but I think maybe it would be perfect with less potatoes or more milk/water, I also would use more turkey, the recipe called for 1 1/2 C if I remember correctly but I added 2 C and I prob could have used more too since it made 2 pies. Other than those few changes it was actually amazing. It had a great flavor and was pretty easy too. Maybe just some gravy over the top would make this perfect. The hubby loved it (at least he said he did lol) I think I can freeze these once they are put together and not cooked yet I am going to be researching some recipes soon because I have a huge bag of meat still left over that I am afraid if I don't find a recipe for soon it will go bad.
Here is the recipe I followed

Good luck if you are making a pot pie, I pretty much use that website for every recipe I am hunting for, I can always seem to find one that sounds like it is exacly what I am looking for.

No comments: