Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Day!

Ok so I just finished prepping the turkey, green bean casserole and now I am working on two casseroles for breakfast tomorrow morning. I am hoping that all I will have to do is turn on the oven and stick a few things in. I will have to make the stuffing on the stove, I am using a cheater box so that will be easy. I am also making a couple pies that will be super simple, one pumpkin and one pear, my grandma gave me pears that she jarred with seasonings and juice all ready to go all I have to do is put them in my crust. I already baked Santa's cookies and now I am making lunch for today. I am so excited. Rylan woke up this morning and ran to the tree he said he wanted to check and make sure Santa didn't come early, I went too because I wanted to know too lol. I am also making some rein-beer today :) I saw an idea online to use little red puff craft balls and googly eyes and brown pipe cleaners on beer bottles to make them look like reinbeer :) I am excited to see these completed I'll try and remember to post pics. I am hoping to find a super simple perfect recipe for french toast casserole (from what I understand there are lots that you prep the night before so all you have to do is pop it in the oven) I'll let you know. I am also looking for a sausage egg hash brown casserole dish for in the morning.  My dad and step mom and little brother will stop by on their way to my grandmas house and we will exchange gifts too. I am making breakfast for everyone and I am so excited about staying home with my baby and taking him for his first ride on his new bike (he will get it tomorrow of course) When we get home from my step dads family party tonight we will put out the reindeer food in the yard and we will also make elf doughnuts (cheerios with dipped in chocolate and sprinkles on them) before bed but that will only happen after we go look at lights!

No comments: