Wednesday, December 7, 2011

cute gift tag idea

I saw this idea last week and I thought I would share it with you, since Rylan can not read but is so interested in all the presents under the tree. I think this is the perfect way for him to be able to hand out gifts without any help from an adult. I am going to print from my computer pictures of the people we love (prob in sepia tone) and tape/glue them on each package accordingly. He will then be able to go under the tree and pull out each gift all by himself. He will also be able to shake and smell what gifts he has :)

As a kid I remember my mom used to wrap our gifts in two different papers and not tell us which paper belonged to who so we would sit for hours shaking and smelling gifts and begging to open one. My brother and I would sit together and try to figure out which paper was for who so we could only shake our own and not waste time guessing on the other persons gift... I knew many years in a row which paper was mine because I always got a holiday barbie and they almost always came in the same package. I still never knew what was in the other boxes though, I also remember asking over and over and over again if I could open one. I hope Rylan will do that one day, shaking and guessing presents is so much fun, trying to guess by the weight what it might be or by the size and shape of the box or if it had to go into a gift bag or not...

No comments: