Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Great ornament gift idea

This week I am making an ornament for myself and Rhett and I will also be making a few more for some friends that were married this year.  What you do is take their wedding invitation and cut it into long strips, leaving the lines of words connected then roll it up and stuff it into a clear ornament. I will probably use a plastic one, they are about .75 each at Michael's if you can get them on sale. I will put a pretty ribbon on the top like this pic I will probably try and use one that matches the invite. I think I will add a cute note that says "Cheers to you both on your first Christmas as Mr. & Mrs." I will also add the year somewhere. I am making mine too and I am pretty excited. I have this weird thing about keeping invitations from people so I am glad that I do now that I have this great craft to do :) I also have a wedding that we are invited to at the end of the year that we will make one for and I may buy a few extras in case I want to make any of these during the year.

No comments: