Sunday, December 11, 2011

Finishing up some projects

This weekend I finished up the snowman soup packets and the ornaments. I was up typing way to late when I was typing the snowman soup because I noticed the next day I left way too many mistakes in my grammar and spelling lol. Sorry about that to all my teacher friends out there... Here are some pics to see my work :) I love both of these and I must say that they both took little to no time at all once I had all of the things I needed to make them. I made 5 ornaments in under one hour and the packs of "soup" Rylan helped me put all the things into baggies (it is amazing what a bribe of 2 Hershey's kisses will get you around here!) and so all I had to do was the typing and stuffing of the papers and that just took me about 5 minutes :)


this is the bag full without the note/poem


my last blog about the "soup" will tell you what this note says






60th wedding ann party invite

my favorite

Our Wedding <3

So on the ornaments I love the one that had cream paper and brown writing, it went great with the ribbon I had. That was def. my favorite. I love the one I made with our wedding invite of course, it just doesn't exactly match my tree lol, I love that my invite had a ribbon with the invite though because I used it to make the bow on it. I went today to Michael's to buy more ornaments and I got smaller ones too because if you notice two of the ones I already made are only half full and so I think they will look cuter in smaller balls. The invitation was just smaller paper. I bought extra ones too because I think I will make one for a friends baby shower that I went to. I think that will be a fun memory to relive every year at Christmas. I really took less than 15 minutes to do each one of these.. It was a lot of fun for me too. I hope that they love them and I still have more to make so I hope I remember to post pics of those too.

I just realized I never actually wrote about how I made the ornaments, I will quickly give a lesson lol.
You take the invite you wish to use and cut into strips making sure not to cut out any words, then you take each strip and roll it around a finger, when you place the little roll of paper into the hole at the top it will spring out like a little spring. That is all you do! Use all the pieces of paper carefully stuffing until the whole paper is in the ball then you put the top back on and add a cute ribbon! EASY

No comments: